Industries > Government
Transforming Government Services Together
Supporting you on you transformation journey with strategic service design, incremental user-centric delivery planning, legacy systems migration, simplifying complex transactional service delivery and establishing a culture of continual service improvement
Collaborating with government departments to shape service design and develop value-based incremental delivery plans
Engage with departments to deliver robust, innovative technology solutions that replace legacy systems and underpin new user-centric service design.
“The Home Office is delighted to continue our successful engagement with Mastek which has already delivered a number of transformative software releases and new initiatives this year. The renewal of our partnership is testament to the dedication and commitment of the Mastek team who are fully committed to helping us achieve our joint goals.“
The Government Digital Services’ Transforming Together agenda provides a strategy that will transform how citizens engage with government. It promises to improve the quality and accessibility of services whist lowering the cost of delivery. But this change will not be easy. In addition to the development of a wide range of complex, digital services, government departments must transform into modern responsive, agile organisations.
To ensure and assure success, the government, through GDS and the Cabinet Office, has developed comprehensive standards that set out the approach to transformation and delivery of new digital services in an Agile manner. Through user engagement at all stages, initial Discovery, prototyping in Alpha, incremental delivery in Beta and continual improvement in live, acceptance of services is assured. To succeed government departments need partners that understand this at a practical level, and work collaboratively to deliver enduring, digital change.
We believe that Mastek is unique in its ability to support government departments through this change:
- Through IndigoBlue, our consultancy division, we have unrivalled experience of the full transformational journey from strategy and capability enablement, through user engagement, service design and service delivery into the on-going continual improvement of live services
- Fully compliant with the principles expressed in the Supplier Standard, as our heritage is in the development of secure, high-volume, digital systems
- Our Agile engineers have deep engineering expertise and experience in successfully delivering complex services to exacting performance and security standards
Some of our Success Stories
The services we deliver positively impact the lives of millions of citizens on a daily basis.
Some of our recent, successful Agile programmes include:
- The Immigration Platform Technologies and Home Office
- Biometrics Programme at the Home Office.
- Digital channel shift for the Security Industry Authority in partnership with BT.
- The Data Collection Platform at the Office for National Statistics.
- Mobile Platform and the Metropolitan Police.
- DevOps infrastructure on the Ministry of Justice Common Platform Programme.
- Universal Credit at the Department of Work and Pensions.
- Capita Schools Information Management system product.
Supporting Public Sector Departments on the Transformation Journey
Wherever your department is on the service transformation journey, Mastek and IndigoBlue can support you:
Through our award-winning digital consultancy IndigoBlue, we will collaborate with you to understand your service transformation needs and concisely express your strategy for transformed service delivery in the digital age.
With extensive experience in User Research across government, we will support you in understanding the needs of your users and optimise the use of digital technology within the scope of your service provision
Having simplified the delivery of large, complex, digital services across government, our experience will guide you in planning how to deliver early value through an incremental delivery plan that engages users throughout delivery, ensuring the full satisfaction of your transformed services.
We build user-centric modern Government Digital Services and transform legacy systems to modern, robust, scalable and innovative digital services. We support, enable and assure the delivery of transformed services across government departments. This includes the Home Office and the delivery of its Biometric Residency Permit service as referenced by Kevin Cunnington, the Head of Government Digital Services.
The service transformation journey does not end, the legacy we leave is a department that understands incremental delivery and continual service improvement. We will not walk away at the end of delivery we will integrate your staff into our delivery teams and we will continue to support you in improving you public services for as long as you need us.